This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related
Samuli Seppanen reports :
In May/June 2017 Guido Vranken threw a fuzzer at OpenVPN 2.4.2. In the
process he found several vulnerabilities and reported them to the
OpenVPN project. [...] The first releases to have these fixes are
OpenVPN 2.4.3 and 2.3.17.
This is a list of fixed important vulnerabilities :
- Remotely-triggerable ASSERT() on malformed IPv6 packet
- Pre-authentication remote crash/information disclosure for clients
- Potential double-free in --x509-alt-username
- Remote-triggerable memory leaks
- Post-authentication remote DoS when using the --x509-track option
- NULL pointer dereference in establish_http_proxy_passthru()
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5