This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
This update for git fixes the following issues :
- git 2.12.3 :
- CVE-2017-8386: Fix git-shell not to escape with the
starting dash name (bsc#1038395)
- Fix for potential segv introduced in v2.11.0 and later
- Misc fixes and cleanups.
- git 2.12.2 :
- CLI output fixes
- 'Dump http' transport fixes
- various fixes for internal code paths
- Trailer 'Cc:' RFC fix
- git 2.12.1 :
- Reduce authentication round-trip over HTTP when the
server supports just a single authentication method.
- 'git add -i' patch subcommand fixed to have a path
- various path verification fixes
- fix 'git log -L...' buffer overrun
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
See also :
Update the affected git packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.5