This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for libplist fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2017-5209: The base64decode function in libplist
allowed attackers to obtain sensitive information from
process memory or cause a denial of service (buffer
over-read) via split encoded Apple Property List data
- CVE-2017-5545: The main function in plistutil.c in
libimobiledevice libplist allowed attackers to obtain
sensitive information from process memory or cause a
denial of service (buffer over-read) via Apple Property
List data that is too short. (bsc#1021610).
- CVE-2017-5836: A type inconsistency in bplist.c was
- CVE-2017-5835: A memory allocation error leading to DoS
was fixed. (bsc#1023822)
- CVE-2017-5834: A heap-buffer overflow in parse_dict_node
was fixed. (bsc#1023848)
- CVE-2017-6440: Ensure that sanity checks work on 32-bit
- CVE-2017-7982: Add some safety checks, backported from
- CVE-2017-5836: A maliciously crafted file could cause
the application to crash. (bsc#1023807).
- CVE-2017-5835: Malicious crafted file could cause
libplist to allocate large amounts of memory and consume
lots of CPU (bsc#1023822)
- CVE-2017-5834: Maliciou crafted file could cause a heap
buffer overflow or segmentation fault (bsc#1023848)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.4
CVSS Temporal Score : 4.7
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 100374 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now