This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for git fixes the following issues :
- git 2.12.3 :
- CVE-2017-8386: Fix git-shell not to escape with the
starting dash name (bsc#1038395)
- Fix for potential segv introduced in v2.11.0 and later
- Misc fixes and cleanups.
- git 2.12.2 :
- CLI output fixes
- 'Dump http' transport fixes
- various fixes for internal code paths
- Trailer 'Cc:' RFC fix
- git 2.12.1 :
- Reduce authentication round-trip over HTTP when the
server supports just a single authentication method.
- 'git add -i' patch subcommand fixed to have a path
- various path verification fixes
- fix 'git log -L...' buffer overrun
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
OpenStack Cloud Magnum Orchestration 7:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.5
CVSS Temporal Score : 4.8
Public Exploit Available : false