Tenable Network Security has officially released the GA version of the NessusClient 3.0.0. This new client can be used to manage scans and results from UNIX and Windows Nessus daemons. The major new features of the NessusClient include:
- Real-time results. No need to wait until the end of a scan to start analyzing the findings of Nessus. As your scans occur, the results are displayed and updated in real-time.
- Document based. Save your policies, scan results and scan targets into a single file.
- New XML based report format. The new '.nessus' file format saves into a single XML file for your scan policies, scan targets and scan results.
- Multiple connections. The NessusClient can connect to several Nessus scanners at the same time.
- Consistent interface. The same interface exists on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. This makes working with other users who have a different operating system much easier.
The NessusClient is available for Windows, Ubuntu Linux, Debian Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5, Fedora Core 6 and 7, and OpenSUSE 10.2. It can be downloaded from nessus.org.
We've blogged about the Nessus Client (and provided many screen shots) in the past here.
The NessusClient can be used on Nessus 3 and Nessus 2 scanners, is compatible with the Direct Feed subscription for performing configuration and content audits and can also be used on Nessus scanners being managed by the Security Center.