InformationThe server.built date represents the date which Tomcat was compiled and packaged. This value is presented to Tomcat clients when clients connect to the server.
NOTE: Nessus has provided the target output to assist in reviewing the benchmark to ensure target compliance.
SolutionPerform the following to alter the server built date that gets displayed when clients connect to the tomcat server.
1. Extract the ServerInfo.properties file from the catalina.jar file:
$ cd $CATALINA_HOME/lib
$ jar xf catalina.jar org/apache/catalina/util/ServerInfo.properties
2. Navigate to the util directory that was created
3. Open ServerInfo.properties in an editor
4. Update the server.info attribute in the ServerInfo.properties file.
5. Update the catalina.jar with the modified ServerInfo.properties file.
$ jar uf catalina.jar org/apache/catalina/util/ServerInfo.properties