Despite having vulnerability management solutions deployed, organizations continue to be compromised. Tenable Network Security commissioned Forrester Consulting to assess the current state and effectiveness of vulnerability management. The research included an in-depth survey of 180 US-based security leaders from multiple verticals including financial services, government, healthcare, higher education, retail, and utilities/energy.
The results were surprising:
- 83% of security professionals were concerned about security gaps between vulnerability scans
- 79% claimed they were more likely to miss critical vulnerabilities due to insufficient data to narrow down appropriate endpoints for scanning
- 77% experience challenges with basic asset discovery
- However, security professionals who view vulnerability management strategically as a crucial component to their risk reduction efforts are more likely to be satisfied with continuous monitoring.
Download the study to understand:
- Why traditional vulnerability management doesn't address the challenges of the extended enterprise
- Why companies are changing from a compliance-based approach to one focused on risk
- How to eliminate the gaps in detecting vulnerabilities and threats
- How to transition to a more strategic risk management program