This On Demand or Onsite instructor-led course provides security professionals with the skills and knowledge to perform vulnerability and compliance scanning of supported operating systems, devices, and applications. Students will construct custom scan policies for topology discovery, network vulnerability detection, credentialed patch audits, and compliance benchmarks, and discuss the underlying technologies utilized by the Nessus scanner.
- IT security analysts, security consultants, or auditors who wish to use all of the features available with Nessus.
- SecurityCenter users that wish to gain an in-depth understanding of Nessus vulnerability scanning and how to create custom scan policies and .audit files to perform configuration auditing.
- Introduction to Nessus and Vulnerability Scanning
- Nessus Installation and Administration
- Basic Nessus Scan Operation
- Nessus Scan Configuration and Policy Creation
- Vulnerability Analysis and Reporting with Nessus
- Advanced Scan Configuration and Policy Creation
- Introduction to Compliance and Auditing
- Nessus Auditing Features
- Windows System Auditing
- Unix System Auditing
- Cisco IOS Auditing
- Nessus Database Auditing
- Nessus Content Auditing
- Auditing to Industry Guidelines
- Auditing to Federal Guidelines
Students should have administrative access to their laptop and possess a basic understanding of TCP/IP networking, operating systems security, and common client/server applications.
This course provides students with the necessary information to prepare for the Tenable Certified Nessus Auditor (TCNA) exam. Please note that the exam is available separately at an additional charge.
- On Demand course lecture is delivered by Marcus J. Ranum, Tenable CSO and industry expert, and other Tenable experts.
- Tenable has notified (ISC)² of our training and you may receive CPE credits for any security-related training whether by an institution or vendor.
Training Location and Time
On Demand: Tenable's On Demand training provides a self-paced learning environment in which students can experience an industry-expert delivered course lecture, view demo videos, and complete exercises in a hands-on lab environment from the comfort of their own home or office, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This delivery method is ideal for the busy security or compliance professional who needs to quickly improve their skills without a large investment.
Onsite: Tenable Onsite Training (available in U.S. only) allows organizations to have Tenable training delivered at their own training facility. Entire teams can be rapidly trained on Nessus with a focus on the unique aspects of the organization, network, and operational requirements in their environment.
How to Purchase
To purchase the Nessus Vulnerability & Compliance Auditing On Demand course, please visit the Tenable Online Store.
To purchase the Nessus Vulnerability & Compliance Auditing Onsite 2-day course delivered at your location, please contact a Tenable Network Security sales representative. Once the training has been ordered, you will be contacted by a Tenable training representative to schedule your course and answer any additional questions you may have.