Increase Scan Flexibility
Nessus Agents, available with Nessus Cloud and Nessus Manager, increase scan flexibility by making it easy to scan assets without needing ongoing host credentials or assets that are offline, as well as enable large-scale concurrent scanning with little network impact.
Why Use Nessus Agents?
Most organizations will use a mix of agent-based and agent-less scanning in their Nessus environment. Nessus Agents will be attractive in a number of scenarios, including:
Scanning of laptops or other transient devices that are not always connected to the local network.
Scan Without Host Credentials
Once deployed, agents no longer need host credentials to run scans.
Assets that you want or need to scan very quickly, for example if you want to immediately scan all your assets for a significant vulnerability like ShellShock.
Nessus Agents Details
- Support Windows, OS X, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu and Amazon Linux operating systems
- The performance overhead of agents is minimal, and because agents rely on local host resources, they can potentially reduce your overall network scanning overhead
- Eliminate the need to manage credentials for vulnerability scanning
- Can be deployed using most software management systems
- Auto-update once deployed, so maintenance is minimal
- Designed to be highly secure, including leveraging encryption to protect your data
Download Nessus Agents
Already have Nessus Cloud or Nessus Manager? Deploy Nessus Agents now to increase your scan coverage.