April 14, 2011
Uniquely actionable reports tap real-time discovery of asset, configuration and patch status, exploit information, coverage of more than 15,000 unique CVEs.
Tenable Network Security, Inc., the leader in Unified Security Monitoring (USM) and creator of the popular and award-winning enterprise SecurityCenter and Nessus® vulnerability scanner, announced today that its Unified Security Monitoring platform delivers CyberScope LASR reports to meet FISMA audit and continuous compliance requirements.
Tenable’s CyberScope reports are unique, combining real-time asset discovery, vulnerability/patch and configuration scanning mapped to the largest maintained vulnerability, exploit and malware databases containing over 45,000 plugins, 15,000 CVEs and CCEs.
- Multiple methods of vulnerability detection (active, passive and credentialed) maximize scan depth and accuracy.
- Real-time asset discovery, vulnerability detection, system analysis and compliance monitoring, ensure reports are comprehensive.
- Context and critical metadata based on real-time network event, and log monitoring ensures vulnerability and configuration data being reported for CyberScope is actionable.
- Dynamic Asset Lists are automatically updated when OS, services and applications changes are detected ensure CyberScope reports are up-to-date.
- Centralized management of sensors, analytics, dashboards and reporting.
- Federal agencies can place different organizations discretely on a single console, as well as by deploying tiered consoles. Many-leveled user, organizational, vulnerability repository and console-to-console access controls meet complex organization's CyberScope reporting needs.
- Trending functions allow analysis of security program effectiveness.
- Tenable's world-renowned research team maintains over 45,000 active and passive plugins that currently cover more than 15,000 unique CVE IDs and almost 10,000 unique Bugtraq IDs.
- All Tenable active and passive vulnerability reports include CVSS scores, CVE tags, CPE reports as well as correlation with publicly available exploitation tools.
"Tenable is uniquely positioned to provide CyberScope reporting for federal agencies by leveraging our Unified Security Monitoring Platform, which combines distributed active vulnerability scanners, credentialed agentless auditing, real-time passive network monitoring and enterprise-scale reporting," commented Ron Gula, CEO/CTO of Tenable. "We have been working closely with our Federal customers on the CyberScope reporting capability and are pleased that it can now be made available to all Federal agencies."
For more information about how Tenable's solutions can be used to achieve FISMA compliance through CyberScope reporting, please visit: http://www.tenable.com/solutions/compliance-solutions/government-compliance/CyberScope-0
About Tenable Network Security
Tenable Network Security transforms security technology for the business needs of tomorrow through comprehensive solutions that provide continuous visibility and critical context, enabling decisive actions to protect your organization. Tenable eliminates blind spots, prioritizes threats, and reduces exposure and loss. With more than one million users and more than 20,000 enterprise customers worldwide, organizations trust Tenable for proven security innovation. Tenable's customers range from Fortune Global 500 companies, to the U.S. Department of Defense, to mid-sized and small businesses in all sectors, including finance, government, healthcare, higher education, retail and energy. Transform security with Tenable, the creators of Nessus and leaders in continuous monitoring, by visiting tenable.com.
(410) 872-0555 x1559