February 4, 2011
Nessus ProfessionalFeed earns “Recommended” status in recent group test for pure-play vulnerability
Tenable Network Security, Inc., the leader in unified security monitoring and creator of the popular and award-winning Nessus vulnerability scanner, announced today that SC Magazine has named Tenable’s Nessus ProfessionalFeed as the Recommended product for pure-play vulnerability assessment in 2011. Nessus was one of twelve vulnerability assessment products evaluated by SC Magazine and received five out of five stars across all categories - features, ease of use, performance, documentation, support, and value for money.
“We found the web GUI to be intuitive to navigate with a clean, organized layout. Scanning policies can easily be created, as well as highly customized for excellent flexibility. While this tool may be small, it does pack a significant punch. To further add punch, multiple scanners can be managed from the Tenable’s SecurityCenter to meet the needs of any size environment,” said Peter Stephenson, Technology Editor, SC Magazine. “Another perennial and well-deserved favorite, this is our Recommended choice for pure-play vulnerability assessment.”
A Tenable Nessus ProfessionalFeed subscription is required by commercial organizations to use Nessus to scan their network, perform compliance audits, obtain support and receive updates to Tenable’s database of vulnerability checks. A ProfessionalFeed subscription provides the following benefits:
- The license to operate Nessus in a commercial environment
- The newest Nessus plugins as soon as they are released
- The ability to perform an unlimited amount of PCI DSS compliance audits
- The ability to perform web application audits of custom and embedded applications to test for cross-site scripting, SQL injection and much more.
- The ability to conduct operating system, application and SQL database configuration audits against CERT, CIS, DISA STIGs, GLBA, HIPAA, NIST SCAP FDCC / USGCB, NSA and PCI standards.
- The ability to conduct audits on content such as pornography, personally identifiable information (credit cards, SSN, etc.) corporate spreadsheets and much more.
- Access to SCADA vulnerability checks to detect and audit control system devices
- The ability to download a Nessus 4 VMware Virtual Appliance, which works with VMware ESX, Server, Workstation and Fusion.
- Access to operational and technical assistance from Tenable's experienced support staff to aid in the deployment and use of Nessus scanners, as well as assistance in customizing audit policies for compliance checks or content checks.
“We are thrilled that SC Magazine recognizes the powerful features and ease of use of the Nessus ProfessionalFeed and designates it as their recommended choice for pure-play vulnerability assessment,” said Renaud Deraison, Tenable’s Chief Research Officer and creator of Nessus.
To learn more about Nessus and the ProfessionalFeed, please visit http://www.tenable.com/nessus. To read SC Magazine’s review, please visit: http://www.scmagazineus.com/tenable-network-security-nessus-professionalfeed/review/3413/
Tenable transforms security technology for the business needs of tomorrow through comprehensive solutions that provide continuous visibility and critical context, enabling decisive actions to protect your organization. Tenable eliminates blind spots, prioritizes threats, and reduces exposure and loss. With more than one million users and more than 21,000 customers worldwide, organizations trust Tenable for proven security innovation. Tenable customers range from Fortune Global 500 companies, to the global public sector, to mid-sized enterprises in all sectors, including finance, government, healthcare, higher education, retail and energy. Transform security with Tenable, the creators of Nessus and leaders in continuous monitoring, by visiting tenable.com.
(410) 872-0555 x1559