October 30, 2006
Tenable Network Security, Inc. is proud to announce the availability of Nessus 2.2.9. This release of the GPL version of Nessus contains the following bug fixes:
Nessus Daemon ('nessusd'):
- Fixed a bug in the PCAP handler which in turn should fix synscan.nes (thanks to Marcel)
- Fixed a banner encoding problem in nessus_tcp_scanner and find_service
- Fixed a possible deadlock in synscan
- Avoid a deadlock in the main process when waiting for a sub process to die
- nessus_tcp_scanner works much better when used over a slow network link
- nessus_tcp_scanner now offers some options accessible thru the GUI
- Fixed a bug in ssh_func.inc which would prevent it from working against HP/UX (and in general which would break a communication where messages pop up on stderr in the middle of receiving data on stdout)
Nessus Client ('nessus'):
- Fixed a possible memory corruption issue when creating a list of plugins to launch
- Fixed a corruption of the .nessusrc files when receiving some plugin prefs ending by a space
All Nessus 2.x users are encouraged to upgrade to this release.
Tenable transforms security technology for the business needs of tomorrow through comprehensive solutions that provide continuous visibility and critical context, enabling decisive actions to protect your organization. Tenable eliminates blind spots, prioritizes threats, and reduces exposure and loss. With more than one million users and more than 21,000 customers worldwide, organizations trust Tenable for proven security innovation. Tenable customers range from Fortune Global 500 companies, to the global public sector, to mid-sized enterprises in all sectors, including finance, government, healthcare, higher education, retail and energy. Transform security with Tenable, the creators of Nessus and leaders in continuous monitoring, by visiting tenable.com.
(410) 872-0555 x1559