July 22, 2005
Nessus 2.2.5, a maintenance release, has been released. It fixes several minor bugs and contains some speed improvements.
Here is a quick change summary :
(Slight) Speed improvements:
- Faster scan startup speed (at the expense of a slightly bigger memory usage).
- Faster scans in general
Depending on the speed of your hard drive and the OS you're running on, you may
experience up to 15% speed improvement.
- Fixed the use of an uninitialized buffer in the shared socket code
- Fixed some uninitialized variables in nessus_tcp_scanner
- Fixed several null pointer dereferencements in libnasl
- Several other minor bugs have been fixed (see bugs.nessus.org for details)
- New NASL function 'send_capture()'
- nessusd rotates nessusd.messages on startup if the file is too big
- Enhanced nessus_tcp_scanner
- nessus-fetch now calls nessus-update-plugins upon registration
If you already have a copy of Nessus installed, please note that the Nessus installer makes clean upgrades - no need to uninstall the older version prior to upgrading, and no need to re-register to get a new activation code for the plugin feed.
Tenable transforms security technology for the business needs of tomorrow through comprehensive solutions that provide continuous visibility and critical context, enabling decisive actions to protect your organization. Tenable eliminates blind spots, prioritizes threats, and reduces exposure and loss. With more than one million users and more than 21,000 customers worldwide, organizations trust Tenable for proven security innovation. Tenable customers range from Fortune Global 500 companies, to the global public sector, to mid-sized enterprises in all sectors, including finance, government, healthcare, higher education, retail and energy. Transform security with Tenable, the creators of Nessus and leaders in continuous monitoring, by visiting tenable.com.
(410) 872-0555 x1559