March 29, 2006
Tenable is pleased to announce the availability of Nessus 3.0.2 (beta) for Mac OS X 10.4. Nessus for Mac OS X is not just a port of the UNIX server to the Mac environment, it also bundles a native interface to manage the server and the client.
The Mac OS X Nessus Client sports the following features:
- Session-based: A 'session' is a set of targets, policies and results. A session may contain multiple scan results ;
- File-based: Each session is stored as a unique file on disk. This file can then be easily moved around to another host by email, ftp, etc... ;
- Multiple scans in parallel: You can create multiple sessions in parallel (File->New) and each session can perform a scan;
- Real-time results: The results can be viewed and worked on in real time
- Universal Binary: Nessus for Mac OS X natively runs on PPC and Intel CPUs
Nessus 3.0.2 (beta) for Mac OS X is available at: http://www.nessus.org/download/
Tenable™, Inc. is the Cyber Exposure company. Over 23,000 organizations of all sizes around the globe rely on Tenable to manage and measure their modern attack surface to accurately understand and reduce cyber risk. As the creator of Nessus®, Tenable built its platform from the ground up to deeply understand assets, networks and vulnerabilities, extending this knowledge and expertise into Tenable.io™ to deliver the world’s first platform to provide live visibility into any asset on any computing platform. Tenable customers include more than 50 percent of the Fortune 500, large government agencies and mid-sized organizations across the private and public sectors. Learn more at tenable.com.