The remote database server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
According to its version, the installation of DB2 running on the
remote host is version 9.8 prior or equal to Fix Pack 5. It is,
therefore, affected by one or more of the following vulnerabilities :
- An unspecified error exists in the GSKit component when
initiating SSL/TLS connections due to improper handling
of malformed X.509 certificate chains. A remote attacker
can exploit this to cause a denial of service.
- Untrusted search path vulnerabilities exist in
unspecified setuid and setgid programs that allow a
local attacker to gain root privileges by using a
trojan horse library. (CVE-2014-0907)
- An unspecified error exists in the reverse proxy GSKit
component that allows a remote attacker to exhaust CPU
resources by using crafted SSL messages, resulting in a
denial of service. (CVE-2014-0963)
- An unspecified error exists during the handling of
SELECT statements with XML/XSLT functions that allows a
remote attacker to gain access to arbitrary files.
- A flaw exists in the LUW component when handling SQL
statements with unspecified Scaler functions. A remote,
authenticated attacker can exploit this to cause a
denial of service. (CVE-2015-0157)
- An unspecified flaw in the General Parallel File System
(GPFS) allows a local attacker to gain root privileges.
- A flaw exists in the General Parallel File System
(GPFS), related to certain cipherList configurations,
that allows a remote attacker, using specially crafted
data, to bypass authentication and execute arbitrary
programs with root privileges. (CVE-2015-0198)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists in the General
Parallel File System (GPFS) that allows a local attacker
to corrupt the kernel memory by sending crafted ioctl
character device calls to the mmfslinux kernel module.
- A information disclosure vulnerability exists in the
automated maintenance feature. An attacker with elevated
privileges, by manipulating a stored procedure, can
exploit this issue to disclose arbitrary files owned by
the DB2 fenced ID on UNIX/Linux or the administrator on
- A flaw exists in the Data Movement feature when handling
specially crafted queries. An authenticated, remote
attacker can exploit this to delete database rows from a
table without having the appropriate privileges.
- A flaw exists when handling SQL statements having
unspecified LUW Scaler functions. An authenticated,
remote attacker can exploit this to run arbitrary code,
under the privileges of the DB2 instance owner, or to
cause a denial of service. (CVE-2015-1935)
See also :
Contact the vendor to obtain a special build with the interim fix.
Note that the vendor has posted a workaround for the build error issue
(CVE-2014-0907) involving the command 'sqllib/bin/db2chglibpath'.
Please consult the advisory for detailed instructions.
Risk factor :
Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.7
Public Exploit Available : true