This script is Copyright (C) 2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by
The version of Firefox installed on the remote Mac OS X host is a
version prior to version 30.0. It is, therefore, affected by multiple
- Memory issues exist that could lead to arbitrary code
execution. Note that these issues only affect Firefox
29. (CVE-2014-1533, CVE-2014-1534)
- An out-of-bounds read issue exists in
- Use-after-free memory issues exist in
'nsTextEditRules::CreateMozBR', and the SMIL Animation
Controller that could lead to code execution.
(CVE-2014-1537, CVE-2014-1538, CVE-2014-1541)
- An issue exists when the cursor is used on an embedded
Flash object which can make the cursor invisible and
lead to clickjacking attacks. (CVE-2014-1539)
- A use-after-free memory issue exists in the event
listener manager. Note that this issue only affects
Firefox 29. (CVE-2014-1540)
- A buffer overflow issue exists in the Speex resampler
for Web Audio that could lead to code execution.
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 30.0 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : false