This script is Copyright (C) 2014-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is potentially
affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The installed version of Firefox ESR 24.x is prior to 24.5 and is,
therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Memory issues exist that could lead to arbitrary code
execution. (CVE-2014-1518, CVE-2014-1519)
- An out-of-bounds read issue exists when decoding
certain JPG images that could lead to a denial of
- A memory corruption issue exists due to improper
validation of XBL objects that could lead to arbitrary
code execution. (CVE-2014-1524)
- A security bypass issue exists in the Web Notification
API that could lead to arbitrary code execution.
- A cross-site scripting issue exists that could allow an
attacker to load another website other than the URL for
the website that is shown in the address bar.
- A use-after-free issue exists due to an 'imgLoader'
object being freed when being resized. This issue
could lead to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-1531)
- A use-after-free issue exists during host resolution
that could lead to arbitrary code execution.
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox ESR 24.5 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.9
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: MacOS X Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 73765 ()
Bugtraq ID: 6712367125671296713067131671346713567137
CVE ID: CVE-2014-1518CVE-2014-1519CVE-2014-1523CVE-2014-1524CVE-2014-1529CVE-2014-1530CVE-2014-1531CVE-2014-1532
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.