This script is Copyright (C) 2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote service is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
According to its banner, the remote web server uses a version of
OpenSSL 1.0.0 prior to 1.0.0m. The OpenSSL library is, therefore,
reportedly affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An error exists in the function 'ssl3_read_bytes'
that could allow data to be injected into other
sessions or allow denial of service attacks. Note
this issue is only exploitable if
'SSL_MODE_RELEASE_BUFFERS' is enabled. (CVE-2010-5298)
- An error exists related to the implementation of the
Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) that
could allow nonce disclosure via the 'FLUSH+RELOAD'
cache side-channel attack. (CVE-2014-0076)
- A buffer overflow error exists related to invalid DTLS
fragment handling that could lead to execution of
arbitrary code. Note this issue only affects OpenSSL
when used as a DTLS client or server. (CVE-2014-0195)
- An error exists in the function 'do_ssl3_write' that
could allow a NULL pointer to be dereferenced leading
to denial of service attacks. Note this issue is
exploitable only if 'SSL_MODE_RELEASE_BUFFERS' is
- An error exists related to DTLS handshake handling that
could lead to denial of service attacks. Note this
issue only affects OpenSSL when used as a DTLS client.
- An unspecified error exists that could allow an
attacker to cause usage of weak keying material
leading to simplified man-in-the-middle attacks.
- An unspecified error exists related to anonymous ECDH
ciphersuites that could allow denial of service
attacks. Note this issue only affects OpenSSL TLS
See also :
Upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.0m or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : true