This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote device uses an antivirus program that is affected by
The remote Cisco IronPort appliance has a version of the Sophos
Anti-Virus engine that is 3.2.07.352_4.80 or earlier. It is,
therefore, reportedly affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An integer overflow exists when parsing Visual Basic 6
- A memory corruption issue exists in the Microsoft CAB
- A memory corruption issue exists in the RAR virtual
machine standard filters.
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists in the
network update service.
- A stack-based buffer overflow issue exists in the PDF
An unauthenticated, remote attacker could leverage these issues to
gain control of the system, escalate privileges, or cause a denial-of-
See also :
Update to Sophos engine version 3.2.07.363_4.83 as discussed in Cisco
Security Advisory cisco-sa-20121108-sophos.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.7
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.0
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 70125 ()
Bugtraq ID: 56401