This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
Description of changes:
* CVE-2012-1090: Denial of service in the CIFS filesystem reference
Under certain circumstances, the CIFS filesystem would open a file on
lookup. If the file was determined later to be a FIFO or any other
special file the file handle would be leaked, leading to reference
counting mismatch and a kernel OOPS on unmount.
An unprivileged local user could use this flaw to crash the system.
* CVE-2012-1097: NULL pointer dereference in the ptrace subsystem.
Under certain circumstances, ptrace-ing a process could lead to a NULL
pointer dereference and kernel panic.
- regset: Return -EFAULT, not -EIO, on host-side memory fault (H. Peter
- regset: Prevent NULL pointer reference on readonly regsets (H. Peter
- cifs: fix dentry refcount leak when opening a FIFO on lookup (Jeff Layton)
See also :
Update the affected unbreakable enterprise kernel packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.2
Family: Oracle Linux Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 68671 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2012-1090CVE-2012-1097
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.