This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
From Red Hat Security Advisory 2007:0376 :
Updated kernel packages that fix security issues and bugs in the Red
Hat Enterprise Linux 5 kernel are now available.
This update has been rated as having important security impact by the
Red Hat Security Response Team.
The Linux kernel handles the basic functions of the operating system.
These new kernel packages contain fixes for the following security
* a flaw in the mount handling routine for 64-bit systems that allowed
a local user to cause denial of service (CVE-2006-7203, Important).
* a flaw in the PPP over Ethernet implementation that allowed a remote
user to cause a denial of service (CVE-2007-2525, Important).
* a flaw in the Bluetooth subsystem that allowed a local user to
trigger an information leak (CVE-2007-1353, Low).
* a bug in the random number generator that prevented the manual
seeding of the entropy pool (CVE-2007-2453, Low).
In addition to the security issues described above, fixes for the
following have been included :
* a race condition between ext3_link/unlink that could create an
orphan inode list corruption.
* a bug in the e1000 driver that could lead to a watchdog timeout
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 users are advised to upgrade to these
packages, which contain backported patches to correct these issues.
See also :
Update the affected kernel packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 4.9
CVSS Temporal Score : 4.3
Public Exploit Available : false