How to Buy
This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Oracle Linux host is missing a security update.
From Red Hat Security Advisory 2007:0235 :
An updated util-linux package that corrects a security issue and fixes
several bugs is now available.
This update has been rated as having low security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The util-linux package contains a collection of basic system
A flaw was found in the way the login process handled logins which did
not require authentication. Certain processes which conduct their own
authentication could allow a remote user to bypass intended access
policies which would normally be enforced by the login process.
This update also fixes the following bugs :
* The partx, addpart and delpart commands were not documented.
* The 'umount -l' command did not work on hung NFS mounts with cached
* The mount command did not mount NFS V3 share where sec=none was
* The mount command did not read filesystem LABEL from unpartitioned
* The mount command did not recognize labels on VFAT filesystems.
* The fdisk command did not support 4096 sector size for the '-b'
* The mount man page did not list option 'mand' or information about
All users of util-linux should upgrade to these updated packages,
which contain backported patches to correct these issues.
See also :
Update the affected util-linux package.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 4.1
Family: Oracle Linux Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 67477 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2006-7108
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & more
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.