This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Oracle Linux host is missing a security update.
From Red Hat Security Advisory 2007:0235 :
An updated util-linux package that corrects a security issue and fixes
several bugs is now available.
This update has been rated as having low security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The util-linux package contains a collection of basic system
A flaw was found in the way the login process handled logins which did
not require authentication. Certain processes which conduct their own
authentication could allow a remote user to bypass intended access
policies which would normally be enforced by the login process.
This update also fixes the following bugs :
* The partx, addpart and delpart commands were not documented.
* The 'umount -l' command did not work on hung NFS mounts with cached
* The mount command did not mount NFS V3 share where sec=none was
* The mount command did not read filesystem LABEL from unpartitioned
* The mount command did not recognize labels on VFAT filesystems.
* The fdisk command did not support 4096 sector size for the '-b'
* The mount man page did not list option 'mand' or information about
All users of util-linux should upgrade to these updated packages,
which contain backported patches to correct these issues.
See also :
Update the affected util-linux package.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 4.1