How to Buy
This script is Copyright (C) 2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
The SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP4 kernel has been updated to fix
various bugs and security issues.
Security issues fixed :
- The ip6_frag_queue function in net/ipv6/reassembly.c in
the Linux kernel allowed remote attackers to bypass
intended network restrictions via overlapping IPv6
- The do_video_set_spu_palette function in
fs/compat_ioctl.c in the Linux kernel lacked a certain
error check, which might have allowed local users to
obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory
via a crafted VIDEO_SET_SPU_PALETTE ioctl call on a
/dev/dvb device. (CVE-2013-1928)
Also the following bugs have been fixed :
- hugetlb: Fix regression introduced by the original
patch. (bnc#790236, bnc#819403)
- NFSv3/v2: Fix data corruption with NFS short reads.
- Fix package descriptions in specfiles. (bnc#817666)
- TTY: fix atime/mtime regression. (bnc#815745)
- virtio_net: ensure big packets are 64k. (bnc#760753)
- virtio_net: refill rx buffers when oom occurs.
- qeth: fix qeth_wait_for_threads() deadlock for OSN
devices (bnc#812317, LTC#90910).
- nfsd: remove unnecessary NULL checks from
- knfsd: Fixed problem with NFS exporting directories
which are mounted on. (bnc#810628)
See also :
Apply ZYPP patch number 8587.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 66782 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2012-4444CVE-2013-1928
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & more
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.