This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a mail client that is potentially
affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The installed version of Thunderbird is earlier than 17.0.6 and is,
therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Various memory safety issues exist. (CVE-2013-0801)
- It is possible to call a content level constructor that
allows for the constructor to have chrome privileged
- A local privilege escalation issues exists in the
Mozilla Maintenance Service. (CVE-2013-1672)
- A use-after-free vulnerability exists when resizing
video while playing. (CVE-2013-1674)
- Some 'DOMSVGZoomEvent' functions are used without being
properly initialized, which could lead to information
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist. (CVE-2013-1676,
CVE-2013-1677, CVE-2013-1678, CVE-2013-1679,
See also :
Upgrade to Thunderbird 17.0.6 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : false