How to Buy
This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
Microsoft Publisher, a component of Microsoft Office installed on the
remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The Publisher component of Microsoft Office installed on the remote
host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- The application has a negative value allocation
- The application has an integer overflow vulnerability.
- The application has a corrupt interface pointer
- The application has a return value handling
- The application has a buffer overflow vulnerability.
- The application has a return value validation
- The application has an invalid range check
- The application has an incorrect NULL value handling
- The application has a signed integer vulnerability.
- The application has a pointer handling vulnerability.
- The application has a buffer underflow vulnerability.
A remote attacker could exploit these by tricking a user into opening
a specially crafted Publisher file, resulting in remote code
See also :
Microsoft has released a set of patches for Microsoft Publisher 2003
SP3, 2007 SP3, and 2010 SP1.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.9
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: Windows : Microsoft Bulletins
Nessus Plugin ID: 66417 ()
Bugtraq ID: 5976159762597635976459766597675976859769597705877159772
CVE ID: CVE-2013-1316CVE-2013-1317CVE-2013-1318CVE-2013-1319CVE-2013-1320CVE-2013-1321CVE-2013-1322CVE-2013-1323CVE-2013-1327CVE-2013-1328CVE-2013-1329
Nessus Professional: Scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreNessus Cloud: The power of Nessus for teams – from the cloud
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.