This script is Copyright (C) 2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a mail client that is potentially
affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The installed version of Thunderbird is earlier than 17.0.5 and is,
therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Various memory safety issues exist. (CVE-2013-0788,
- An out-of-bounds memory read error exists related to
'CERT_DecodeCertPackage' and certificate decoding.
- A memory corruption error exists related to PNG image
files when 'gfx.color_management.enablev4' is manually
enabled in the application's configuration.
- An error exists related to navigation, history and
improper 'baseURI' property values that could allow
cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2013-0793)
- An error exists related to tab-modal dialog boxes that
could be used in phishing attacks. (CVE-2013-0794)
- An error exists related to 'cloneNode' that can allow
'System Only Wrapper' (SOW) to be bypassed, thus
violating the same origin policy and possibly leading
to privilege escalation and code execution.
- An out-of-bounds write error exists related to the
Cairo graphics library. (CVE-2013-0800)
See also :
Upgrade to Thunderbird 17.0.5 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: MacOS X Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 65803 ()
Bugtraq ID: 5881958821588255882658828588355883658837
CVE ID: CVE-2013-0788CVE-2013-0789CVE-2013-0791CVE-2013-0792CVE-2013-0793CVE-2013-0794CVE-2013-0795CVE-2013-0800
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.