This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Unix host has an application that is affected by multiple
The version of Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 installed on the
remote host is affected by multiple security issues :
- A vulnerability in the XML processing module of the JRE
could allow an untrusted applet/application unauthorized
access to certain URL resources (238628).
- A buffer overflow vulnerability in the font processing
module of the JRE, could allow an untrusted applet/
application to elevate its privileges to read, write
and execute local applications with the privileges of
the user running an untrusted applet (238666). Note this
issue only affects Sun Java JDK/JRE 5 Update 9 and
- A buffer overflow vulnerability in Java Web Start, could
allow an untrusted applet to elevate its privileges to
read, write and execute local applications available to
users running an untrusted application (238905).
- A vulnerability in Java Web Start, could allow an
untrusted application to create or delete arbitrary
files subject to the privileges of the user running the
- A vulnerability in Java Web Start, may disclose the
location of Java Web Start cache (238905).
- A vulnerability in Sun Java Management Extensions (JMX)
could allow a JMX client running on a remote host to
perform unauthorized actions on a host running JMX with
local monitoring enabled (238965).
- A vulnerability in the JRE could allow an untrusted
applet/application to elevate its privileges to read,
write and execute local applications with the privileges
of the user running an untrusted applet (238967).
- A vulnerability in the JRE may allow an untrusted applet
to establish connections to services running on the
localhost and potentially exploit vulnerabilities existing
in the underlying JRE (238968).
See also :
Update to Sun Java JDK and JRE 5 Update 16 or later and remove, if
necessary, any affected versions.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.4
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 64832 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now