This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Red Hat host is missing a security update.
An updated rgmanager package that fixes multiple security issues,
various bugs, and adds enhancements is now available for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5.
This update has been rated as having low security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The rgmanager package contains the Red Hat Resource Group Manager,
which provides high availability for critical server applications in
the event of system downtime.
Multiple insecure temporary file use flaws were discovered in
rgmanager and various resource scripts run by rgmanager. A local
attacker could use these flaws to overwrite an arbitrary file writable
by the rgmanager process (i.e. user root) with the output of rgmanager
or a resource agent via a symbolic link attack. (CVE-2008-6552)
This update also fixes the following bugs :
* clulog now accepts '-' as the first character in messages.
* if expire_time is 0, max_restarts is no longer ignored.
* the SAP resource agents included in the rgmanager package shipped
with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3 were outdated. This update includes
the most recent SAP resource agents and, consequently, improves SAP
* empty PID files no longer cause resource start failures.
* recovery policy of type 'restart' now works properly when using a
resource based on ra-skelet.sh.
* samba.sh has been updated to kill the PID listed in the proper PID
* handling of the '-F' option has been improved to fix issues causing
rgmanager to crash if no members of a restricted failover domain were
* the number of simultaneous status checks can now be limited to
prevent load spikes.
* forking and cloning during status checks has been optimized to
reduce load spikes.
* rg_test no longer hangs when run with large cluster configuration
* when rgmanager is used with a restricted failover domain it will no
longer occasionally segfault when some nodes are offline during a
* virtual machine guests no longer restart after a cluster.conf
* nfsclient.sh no longer leaves temporary files after running.
* extra checks from the Oracle agents have been removed.
* vm.sh now uses libvirt.
* users can now define an explicit service processing order when
central_processing is enabled.
* virtual machine guests can no longer start on 2 nodes at the same
* in some cases a successfully migrated virtual machine guest could
restart when the cluster.conf file was updated.
* incorrect reporting of a service being started when it was not
started has been addressed.
As well, this update adds the following enhancements :
* a startup_wait option has been added to the MySQL resource agent.
* services can now be prioritized.
* rgmanager now checks to see if it has been killed by the OOM killer
and if so, reboots the node.
Users of rgmanager are advised to upgrade to this updated package,
which resolves these issues and adds these enhancements.
See also :
Update the affected rgmanager package.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.9
Family: Red Hat Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 63893 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2008-6552
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.