This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a mail client that is potentially
affected by several vulnerabilities.
The installed version of Thunderbird is earlier than 17.0.2 and thus,
is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Two intermediate certificates were improperly issued by
TURKTRUST certificate authority. (CVE-2013-0743)
- A use-after-free error exists related to displaying
HTML tables with many columns and column groups.
- An error exists related to the 'AutoWrapperChanger'
class that does not properly manage objects during
garbage collection. (CVE-2012-0745)
- An error exists related to 'jsval', 'quickstubs', and
compartmental mismatches that could lead to potentially
exploitable crashes. (CVE-2013-0746)
- Errors exist related to events in the plugin handler
that could allow same-origin policy bypass.
- An error related to the 'toString' method of XBL
objects could lead to address information leakage.
- Unspecified memory corruption issues exist.
- An error exists related to multiple XML bindings with
SVG content, contained in XBL files. (CVE-2013-0752)
- A use-after-free error exists related to
'XMLSerializer' and 'serializeToStream'.
- A use-after-free error exists related to garbage
collection and 'ListenManager'. (CVE-2013-0754)
- A use-after-free error exists related to the 'Vibrate'
library and 'domDoc'. (CVE-2013-0755)
'Proxy' objects. (CVE-2013-0756)
- 'Chrome Object Wrappers' (COW) can be bypassed by
changing object prototypes, which could allow
arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-0757)
- An error related to SVG elements and plugins could
allow privilege escalation. (CVE-2013-0758)
- An error exists related to the address bar that could
allow URL spoofing attacks. (CVE-2013-0759)
- Multiple, unspecified use-after-free, out-of-bounds read
and buffer overflow errors exist. (CVE-2013-0761,
CVE-2013-0762, CVE-2013-0763, CVE-2013-0766,
- An error exists related to SSL and threading that
could result in potentially exploitable crashes.
- An error exists related to 'Canvas' and bad height or
width values passed to it from HTML. (CVE-2013-0768)
See also :
Upgrade to Thunderbird 17.0.2 / 17.0.2 ESR or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.7
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: MacOS X Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 63547 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2013-0744
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now