This script is Copyright (C) 2012-2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Scientific Linux host is missing a security update.
The rgmanager package contains the Resource Group Manager, which
provides the ability to create and manage high-availability server
applications in the event of system downtime.
It was discovered that certain resource agent scripts set the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to an insecure value containing
empty path elements. A local user able to trick a user running those
scripts to run them while working from an attacker-writable directory
could use this flaw to escalate their privileges via a specially
crafted dynamic library. (CVE-2010-3389)
This update also fixes the following bugs :
- The failover domain 'nofailback' option was not honored
if a service was in the 'starting' state. This bug has
- PID files with white spaces in the file name are now
- The /usr/sbin/rhev-check.sh script can now be used from
- The clustat utility now reports the correct version.
- The oracledb.sh agent now attempts to try the 'shutdown
immediate' command instead of using the 'shutdown abort'
- The SAPInstance and SAPDatabase scripts now use proper
directory name quoting so they no longer collide with
directory names like '/u'.
- The clufindhostname utility now returns the correct
value in all cases.
- The nfsclient resource agent now handles paths with
trailing slashes correctly.
- The last owner of a service is now reported correctly
after a failover.
- The /usr/share/cluster/fs.sh script no longer runs the
'quotaoff' command if quotas were not configured.
- The 'listen' line in the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file
generated by the Apache resource agent is now correct.
- The tomcat-5 resource agent no longer generates
- The time required to stop an NFS resource when the
server is unavailable has been reduced.
- When using exclusive prioritization, a higher priority
service now preempts a lower priority service after
status check failures.
- The postgres-8 resource agent now correctly detects
failed start operations.
- The handling of reference counts passed by rgmanager to
resource agents now works properly, as expected.
As well, this update adds the following enhancements :
- It is now possible to disable updates to static routes
by the IP resource agent.
- It is now possible to use XFS as a file system within a
- It is now possible to use the 'clustat' command as a
non-root user, so long as that user is in the 'root'
- It is now possible to migrate virtual machines when
central processing is enabled.
- The rgmanager init script will now delay after stopping
services in order to allow time for other nodes to
- The handling of failed independent subtrees has been
All users of Resource Group Manager are advised to upgrade to this
updated package, which contains backported patches to correct these
issues and add these enhancements.
See also :
Update the affected rgmanager package.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.9
Family: Scientific Linux Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 61091 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2010-3389