This script is Copyright (C) 2012 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Scientific Linux host is missing a security update.
Multiple insecure temporary file use flaws were discovered in
rgmanager and various resource scripts run by rgmanager. A local
attacker could use these flaws to overwrite an arbitrary file writable
by the rgmanager process (i.e. user root) with the output of rgmanager
or a resource agent via a symbolic link attack. (CVE-2008-6552)
This update also fixes the following bugs :
- clulog now accepts '-' as the first character in
- if expire_time is 0, max_restarts is no longer ignored.
- the SAP resource agents included in the rgmanager
package shipped with Scientific Linux 5.3 were outdated.
This update includes the most recent SAP resource agents
and, consequently, improves SAP failover support.
- empty PID files no longer cause resource start failures.
- recovery policy of type 'restart' now works properly
when using a resource based on ra-skelet.sh.
- samba.sh has been updated to kill the PID listed in the
proper PID file.
- handling of the '-F' option has been improved to fix
issues causing rgmanager to crash if no members of a
restricted failover domain were online.
- the number of simultaneous status checks can now be
limited to prevent load spikes.
- forking and cloning during status checks has been
optimized to reduce load spikes.
- rg_test no longer hangs when run with large cluster
- when rgmanager is used with a restricted failover domain
it will no longer occasionally segfault when some nodes
are offline during a failover event.
- virtual machine guests no longer restart after a
- nfsclient.sh no longer leaves temporary files after
- extra checks from the Oracle agents have been removed.
- vm.sh now uses libvirt.
- users can now define an explicit service processing
order when central_processing is enabled.
- virtual machine guests can no longer start on 2 nodes at
the same time.
- in some cases a successfully migrated virtual machine
guest could restart when the cluster.conf file was
- incorrect reporting of a service being started when it
was not started has been addressed.
As well, this update adds the following enhancements :
- a startup_wait option has been added to the MySQL
- services can now be prioritized.
- rgmanager now checks to see if it has been killed by the
OOM killer and if so, reboots the node.
See also :
Update the affected rgmanager package.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.9
Family: Scientific Linux Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 60659 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2008-6552
Upgrade to Nessus Professional today!
Start your free Nessus Cloud trial now!
Begin Free Trial
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.