This script is Copyright (C) 2012-2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security
A flaw was found in the Apache HTTP Server mod_proxy module. On sites
where a reverse proxy is configured, a remote attacker could send a
carefully crafted request that would cause the Apache child process
handling that request to crash. On sites where a forward proxy is
configured, an attacker could cause a similar crash if a user could be
persuaded to visit a malicious site using the proxy. This could lead
to a denial of service if using a threaded Multi-Processing Module.
As well, these updated packages fix the following bugs :
- the default '/etc/logrotate.d/httpd' script incorrectly
invoked the kill command, instead of using the
'/sbin/service httpd restart' command. If you configured
the httpd PID to be in a location other than
'/var/run/httpd.pid', the httpd logs failed to be
rotated. This has been resolved in these updated
- Set-Cookie headers with a status code of 3xx are not
forwarded to clients when the 'ProxyErrorOverride'
directive is enabled. These responses are overridden at
the proxy. Only the responses with status codes of 4xx
and 5xx are overridden in these updated packages.
- mod_proxy did not correctly handle percent-encoded
characters (ie %20) when configured as a reverse proxy.
- invalid HTTP status codes could be logged if output
filters returned errors.
- the 'ProxyTimeout' directive was not inherited across
virtual host definitions.
- in some cases the Content-Length header was dropped from
HEAD responses. This resulted in certain sites not
working correctly with mod_proxy, such as
This update adds the following enhancements :
- a new configuration option has been added, 'ServerTokens
Full-Release', which adds the package release to the
server version string, which is returned in the 'Server'
- a new module has been added, mod_version, which allows
configuration files to be written containing sections,
which are evaluated only if the version of httpd used
matches a specified condition.
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0