This script is Copyright (C) 2012 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security
A flaw was found in the way CUPS handles certain Internet Printing
Protocol (IPP) tags. A remote attacker who is able to connect to the
IPP TCP port could send a malicious request causing the CUPS daemon to
crash, or potentially execute arbitrary code. Please note that the
default CUPS configuration does not allow remote hosts to connect to
the IPP TCP port. (CVE-2007-4351)
In addition, the following bugs were fixed :
- the CUPS service has been changed to start after sshd,
to avoid causing delays when logging in when the system
- the logrotate settings have been adjusted so they do not
cause CUPS to reload its configuration. This is to avoid
re-printing the current job, which could occur when it
was a long-running job.
- a bug has been fixed in the handling of the
If-Modified-Since: HTTP header.
- in the LSPP configuration, labels for labeled jobs did
not line-wrap. This has been fixed.
- an access check in the LSPP configuration has been made
- the cups-lpd service no longer ignores the
- a memory allocation bug has been fixed in cupsd.
- support for UNIX domain sockets authentication without
passwords has been added.
- in the LSPP configuration, a problem that could lead to
cupsd crashing has been fixed.
- the error handling in the initscript has been improved.
- The job-originating-host-name attribute was not
correctly set for jobs submitted via the cups-lpd
service. This has been fixed.
- a problem with parsing IPv6 addresses in the
configuration file has been fixed.
- a problem that could lead to cupsd crashing when it
failed to open a 'file:' URI has been fixed.
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0
Family: Scientific Linux Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 60279 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2007-4351
Upgrade to Nessus Professional today!
Start your free Nessus Cloud trial now!
Begin Free Trial
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.