This script is Copyright (C) 2012 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Scientific Linux host is missing a security update.
A tzdata enhancement, with updates for Venezuela, Indiana, Egypt,
Gaza, South Australia, Antarctica, Brazil, and Iran is now available.
The tzdata package contains data files with information regarding and
rules for daylight saving times in various timezones around the world.
The updated package contains up to date rules for the following
- Daviess, Dubois, Knox, Martin, and Pike Counties,
Indiana, switch from Central Standard Time(CST) to
Eastern Standard Time(EST) in November.
- South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and New South Wales
are changing the Daylight Savings Time rules for next
- Several Antarctic stations rules were not properly
updated to account for this year's change to the New
Zealand daylight saving rules.
- Brazil will observe Daylight Savings Time from October
14 2007 to February 17 2008.
- Egypt and Gaza switched to Daylight Savings Time on
September 7 not September 24.
- Iran resumes Daylight Savings Time next year.
- Venezuela is scheduled to change time zone to -4:30 on
See also :
Update the affected tzdata package.
Risk factor :
Family: Scientific Linux Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 60278 ()
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.