How to Buy
This script is Copyright (C) 2012 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security
- a flaw in the ISDN CAPI subsystem that allowed a remote
user to cause a denial of service or potential remote
access. Exploitation would require the attacker to be
able to send arbitrary frames over the ISDN network to
the victim's machine. (CVE-2007-1217, Moderate)
- a flaw in the perfmon subsystem on ia64 platforms that
allowed a local user to cause a denial of service.
In addition, the following bugs were addressed :
- a panic after reloading of the LSI Fusion driver.
- a vm performance problem was corrected by balancing
inactive page lists.
- added a nodirplus option to address NFSv3 performance
issues with large directories.
- changed the personality handling to disallow personality
changes of setuid and setgid binaries. This ensures they
keep any randomization and Exec-shield protection.
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.9
Family: Scientific Linux Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 60247 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2006-0558CVE-2007-1217
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & more
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.