This script is Copyright (C) 2012 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security
- a flaw in the ISDN CAPI subsystem that allowed a remote
user to cause a denial of service or potential remote
access. Exploitation would require the attacker to be
able to send arbitrary frames over the ISDN network to
the victim's machine. (CVE-2007-1217, Moderate)
- a flaw in the perfmon subsystem on ia64 platforms that
allowed a local user to cause a denial of service.
In addition, the following bugs were addressed :
- a panic after reloading of the LSI Fusion driver.
- a vm performance problem was corrected by balancing
inactive page lists.
- added a nodirplus option to address NFSv3 performance
issues with large directories.
- changed the personality handling to disallow personality
changes of setuid and setgid binaries. This ensures they
keep any randomization and Exec-shield protection.
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.9