This script is Copyright (C) 2012-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Firefox is earlier than 10.0.5 and thus, is
potentially affected by the following security issues :
- An error exists in the ASN.1 decoder when handling zero
length items that can lead to application crashes.
- Multiple memory corruption errors exist. (CVE-2012-1937,
- Two heap-based buffer overflows and one heap-based use-
after-free error exist and are potentially exploitable.
(CVE-2012-1940, CVE-2012-1941, CVE-2012-1947)
- The inline-script blocking feature of the 'Content
Security Policy' (CSP) does not properly block inline
event handlers. This error allows remote attackers to
more easily carry out cross-site scripting attacks.
- A use-after-free error exists related to replacing or
inserting a node into a web document. (CVE-2012-1946)
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 10.0.5 ESR or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.9
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: MacOS X Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 59404 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now