This script is Copyright (C) 2012-2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Firefox is earlier than 13.0 and thus, is
potentially affected by the following security issues :
- An error exists in the ASN.1 decoder when handling zero
length items that can lead to application crashes.
- Two heap-based buffer overflows and one heap-based use-
after-free error exist and are potentially exploitable.
(CVE-2012-1940, CVE-2012-1941, CVE-2012-1947)
- Multiple memory corruption errors exist. (CVE-2012-1937,
- The inline-script blocking feature of the 'Content
Security Policy' (CSP) does not properly block inline
event handlers. This error allows remote attackers to
more easily carry out cross-site scripting attacks.
- A use-after-free error exists related to replacing or
inserting a node into a web document. (CVE-2012-1946)
- An error exists related to the certificate warning page
that can allow 'clickjacking' thereby tricking a user
into accepting unintended certificates. (CVE-2012-1964)
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 13.0 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : false