This script is Copyright (C) 2012-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a mail client that is potentially
affected by several vulnerabilities.
The installed version of Thunderbird 10.0.x is potentially affected
by the following security issues :
- An off-by-one error exists in the 'OpenType Sanitizer'
which can lead to out-bounds-reads and possible code
- Memory safety issues exist that could lead
to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2012-0467)
- A use-after-free error exists related to 'IDBKeyRange'
of 'indexedDB'. (CVE-2012-0469)
- Heap-corruption errors exist related to
'gfxImageSurface' which can lead to possible code
- A multi-octet encoding issue exists which can allow
cross-site scripting attacks as certain octets in
multibyte character sets can destroy following octets.
- An error exists in 'WebGLBuffer' that can lead to the
reading of illegal video memory. (CVE-2012-0473)
- An unspecified error can allow URL bar spoofing.
- A decoding issue exists related to 'ISO-2022-KR' and
'ISO-2022-CN' character sets which can lead to cross-
site scripting attacks. (CVE-2012-0477)
- An error exists related to 'WebGL' and 'texImage2D'
that can allow application crashes and possibly code
execution when 'JSVAL_TO_OBJECT' is used on ordinary
- Address bar spoofing is possible when 'Atom XML' or
'RSS' data is loaded over HTTPS leading to phishing
See also :
Upgrade to Thunderbird 10.0.4 ESR or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : true