This script is Copyright (C) 2011-2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Firefox is earlier than 5.0 and thus, is
potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Multiple memory safety issues can lead to application
crashes and possibly remote code execution.
- A use-after-free issue when viewing XUL documents with
scripts disabled could lead to code execution.
- A memory corruption issue due to multipart /
x-mixed-replace images could lead to memory corruption.
extremely large value, the iteration of array elements
that occurs when its reduceRight method is called could
result in code execution due to an invalid index value
being used. (CVE-2011-2371)
- It is possible for an image from a different domain to
be loaded into a WebGL texture which could be used to
steal image data from a different site. (CVE-2011-2366,
- An out-of-bounds read issue and an invalid write issue
could cause the application to crash. (CVE-2011-2367,
- HTML-encoded entities are improperly decoded when
displayed inside SVG elements which could lead to
cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2011-2369)
- It is possible for a non-whitelisted site to trigger an
install dialog for add-ons and themes. (CVE-2011-2370)
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 5.0 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.7
Public Exploit Available : true