This script is Copyright (C) 2011-2012 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
The following security issues were fixed in fuse and util-linux :
- FUSE allowed local users to create mtab entries with
arbitrary pathnames, and consequently unmount any
filesystem, via a symlink attack on the parent directory
of the mountpoint of a FUSE filesystem. (CVE-2010-3879)
- Avoid mounting a directory including evaluation of
symlinks, which might have allowed local attackers to
mount filesystems anywhere in the system.
- Avoid symlink attacks on the mount point written in the
mtab file. (CVE-2011-0543)
Additional two bugs were fixed in util-linux :
- fixed retrying nfs mounts on rpc timeouts
- allow seperate control of the internet protocol uses by
rpc.mount seperately of the protocol used by nfs.
New features were implemented: - mount now has --fake and
--no-canonicalize options, required for the symlink security fixes.
These were backported from mainline.
See also :
Apply ZYPP patch number 7362.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.8