This script is Copyright (C) 2010-2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The Windows kernel is affected by several vulnerabilities that could
allow escalation of privileges.
The remote Windows host is running a version of the Windows kernel
that is affected by one or more of the following vulnerabilities :
- Improper valiation of an argument passed to a system
call can result in a denial of service. (CVE-2010-1887)
- Certain unspecified exceptions are not properly
handled which could result in arbitrary code execution
in the kernel. (CVE-2010-1894)
- Memory is not properly allocated when making a copy
from user mode, which could result in an elevation of
- Unspecified input from user mode is not properly
validated, which could result in arbitrary code
execution in the kernel. (CVE-2010-1896)
- Unspecified parameters are not properly validated
when creating a new window, which could result
in arbitrary code execution in the kernel.
See also :
Microsoft has released a set of patches for Windows XP, 2003, Vista,
2008, 7, and 2008 R2.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.2
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.0
Public Exploit Available : true