This script is Copyright (C) 2008-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote version of Apache is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The remote host appears to be running a version of Apache that is
prior to 2.0.55. It is, therefore affected by multiple
- A security issue exists where 'SSLVerifyClient' is not
enforced in per-location context if 'SSLVerifyClient
optional' is configured in the vhost configuration.
- A denial of service vulnerability exists when processing
a large byte range request, as well as a flaw in the
'worker.c' module which could allow an attacker to force
this service to consume excessive amounts of memory.
- When Apache is acting as a proxy, it is possible for a
remote attacker to poison the web cache, bypass web
application firewall protection, and conduct cross-site
scripting attacks via an HTTP request with both a
'Transfer-Encoding: chunked' header and a
'Content-Length' header. (CVE-2005-2088)
- Multiple integer overflows exists in PCRE in quantifier
parsing which could be triggered by a local user through
use of a specially crafted regex in an .htaccess file.
- An issue exists where the byte range filter buffers
responses into memory. (CVE-2005-2728)
- An off-by-one overflow exists in mod_ssl while printing
CRL information at 'LogLevel debug' which could be
triggered if configured to use a 'malicious CRL'.
See also :
Upgrade to version 2.0.55 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.5
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: Web Servers
Nessus Plugin ID: 31656 (apache_2_0_55.nasl)
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now