This script is Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote host is affected by a remote buffer overflow vulnerability.
The remote DLL /msadc/msadcs.dll is accessible by anyone. Several
flaws have been found in it in the past. We recommend that you restrict
access to MSADC only to trusted hosts.
See also :
- Launch the Internet Services Manager
- Select your web server
- Right-click on MSADC and select 'Properties'
- Select the tab 'Directory Security'
- Click on the 'IP address and domain name restrictions'
- Make sure that by default, all computers are DENIED access
to this resource
- List the computers that should be allowed to use it
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.2
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: Web Servers
Nessus Plugin ID: 11161 ()
Bugtraq ID: 6214
CVE ID: CVE-2002-1142
Upgrade to Nessus Professional today!
Start your free Nessus Cloud trial now!
Begin Free Trial
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.