This script is Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
Previously open ports are now closed.
One of several ports that were previously open are now closed or
There are several possible reasons for this :
- The scan may have caused a service to freeze or stop
- An administrator may have stopped a particular service
during the scanning process.
This might be an availability problem related to the following :
- A network outage has been experienced during the scan,
and the remote network cannot be reached anymore by the
- This scanner may has been blacklisted by the system
administrator or by an automatic intrusion detection /
prevention system that detected the scan.
- The remote host is now down, either because a user
turned it off during the scan or because a select denial
of service was effective.
In any case, the audit of the remote host might be incomplete and may
need to be done again.
- Increase checks_read_timeout and/or reduce max_checks.
- Disable any IPS during the Nessus scan
Risk factor :
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now