How to Buy
This script is Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
Previously open ports are now closed.
One of several ports that were previously open are now closed or
There are several possible reasons for this :
- The scan may have caused a service to freeze or stop
- An administrator may have stopped a particular service
during the scanning process.
This might be an availability problem related to the following :
- A network outage has been experienced during the scan,
and the remote network cannot be reached anymore by the
- This scanner may has been blacklisted by the system
administrator or by an automatic intrusion detection /
prevention system that detected the scan.
- The remote host is now down, either because a user
turned it off during the scan or because a select denial
of service was effective.
In any case, the audit of the remote host might be incomplete and may
need to be done again.
- Increase checks_read_timeout and/or reduce max_checks.
- Disable any IPS during the Nessus scan
Risk factor :
Nessus Plugin ID: 10919 (check_ports.nasl)
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & more
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.