This On Demand or Onsite instructor-led course provides security professionals with the skills and knowledge necessary to install, configure, and analyze results for Tenable's Passive Vulnerability Scanner (PVS). Students will learn about installation and configuration of the passive vulnerability scanner, host detection, service detection, vulnerability analysis, and discuss the underlying technologies utilized by the Passive Vulnerability Scanner.
IT security analysts, security consultants, or auditors who wish to use all of the features available with Nessus.
SecurityCenter users that wish to gain an in-depth understanding of Nessus vulnerability scanning and how to create custom scan policies and .audit files to perform configuration auditing.
Students should have administrative access to their laptop and possess a basic understanding of TCP/IP networking, operating systems security, and common client/server applications.
- Introduction to PVS
- PVS Installation - Windows
- PVS Installation - Linux
- Introduction to the PVS Interface
- Configuring PVS
- PVS Deployment
- Exporting Results as Reports
- PVS with other Software
This course provides students with the necessary information to prepare for the Tenable Certified PVS Auditor (TCPA) exam. Please note that the exam is available separately at an additional charge.
- On Demand course lecture is delivered by Tenable experts.
- Tenable has notified (ISC)² of our training and you may receive CPE credits for any security-related training whether by an institution or vendor.
- If you cancel your order, there will be a restocking fee. Please contact us to determine the fee.
- On Demand training must be registered within 6 months of purchase and completed within 90 days of registration. Instructor-led training must be completed within 6 months of purchase.
Training Location and Time
Tenable's On Demand training provides a self-paced learning environment in which students can experience an industry-expert delivered course lecture, view demo videos, and complete exercises in a hands-on lab environment from the comfort of their own home or office, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This delivery method is ideal for the busy security or compliance professional who needs to quickly improve their skills without a large investment.