March 29, 2006
Tenable is pleased to announce the availability of Nessus 3.0.2 (beta) for Mac OS X 10.4. Nessus for Mac OS X is not just a port of the UNIX server to the Mac environment, it also bundles a native interface to manage the server and the client.
The Mac OS X Nessus Client sports the following features:
- Session-based: A 'session' is a set of targets, policies and results. A session may contain multiple scan results ;
- File-based: Each session is stored as a unique file on disk. This file can then be easily moved around to another host by email, ftp, etc... ;
- Multiple scans in parallel: You can create multiple sessions in parallel (File->New) and each session can perform a scan;
- Real-time results: The results can be viewed and worked on in real time
- Universal Binary: Nessus for Mac OS X natively runs on PPC and Intel CPUs
Nessus 3.0.2 (beta) for Mac OS X is available at: http://www.nessus.org/download/
About Tenable Network Security
Tenable Network Security transforms security technology for the business needs of tomorrow through comprehensive solutions that provide continuous visibility and critical context, enabling decisive actions to protect your organization. Tenable eliminates blind spots, prioritizes threats, and reduces exposure and loss. With more than one million users and more than 20,000 enterprise customers worldwide, organizations trust Tenable for proven security innovation. Tenable's customers range from Fortune Global 500 companies, to the U.S. Department of Defense, to mid-sized and small businesses in all sectors, including finance, government, healthcare, higher education, retail and energy. Transform security with Tenable, the creators of Nessus and leaders in continuous monitoring, by visiting tenable.com.
(410) 872-0555 x1559