Vulnerability management is growing in strategic importance as organizations seek to optimize the efficiency of their security teams, and to better understand and manage risk. As managers struggle to make sense of a deluge of vulnerability data, vulnerability scanners are evolving to address these needs. As a result, they’re emerging as a much more strategic component of the security infrastructure. Join Securosis analyst and president Mike Rothman, as he discusses critical findings around this market shift – including an examination of underlying drivers and detailed insights into the capabilities and features you’ll need to move to next-generation vulnerability management and begin reaping the rewards. Mike will be joined by Jack Daniel, Tenable Network Security product manager and security blogger, who’ll provide insights into how organizations are achieving these gains today with Tenable products and technologies.
Topics to be covered
- What core features are essential in today’s more complex networking environments
- The increasing importance of assessing the application layer
- How to expand capabilities by incorporating value-add technologies to your deployment
- The unique requirements of the enterprise
- Deciding whether you can work with the tools you have – and how to replace them if new technologies are needed
Mike Rothman, Securosis president and analyst, and Jack Daniel, security blogger and Tenable Network Security product manager and evangelist.