Tenable Network Security Podcast - Episode 4
Welcome to the Tenable Network Security Podcast - Episode 4
- We've moved our video site! Due to some problems with Blip, all of our videos can now be found on YouTube in Tenable Security's Video Channel (http://www.youtube.com/tenablesecurity).
- New whitepaper titled "Web Application Scanning with Nessus" has been released and covers some of the updated features added to Nessus in support of web application testing..
- Nessus 4.0.2 has been released, featuring support for Windows 7 and Snow Leopard.
- As always be sure to check out our blog at http://blog.tenablesecurity.com
- A new presentation has been posted to the Tenable Web Site. It is titled "Bob's Great Adventure: Attacking and Defending Web Applications" by Paul Asadoorian"
Interview: Ross Barrett: Technology smorgasbord
- What are some of the major features gained in SNMPv3?
- Why is it important to secure SNMP in your environment?
- What changes have you made in Nessus to better support SNMPv3?
- Tell me about some of the changes to Windows file monitoring added to Nessus configuration auditing.
- Along those lines, tell us about power managment auditing.
- What benefits do organizations gain by auditing power management?
Stories For This Week
- PC Infections Are Found To Be Long Term
- Malware Authors Moving To Open Source
- SANS Top Cyber Risks Published
- Great Post On Zues Bot - "The nasty thing about Zeus/Zbot is that it evolves. The latest generation bot uses rootkit techniques to hide its presence on a customer machine. The bot uses covert methods of injecting additional fields into online Internet banking websites, asking users to answer questions that the authentic website would not ask. The collected details are then silently delivered to remote websites, and added into remote databases. The databases are then sold to other criminal elements down the chain who specialize in withdrawing the funds."
- Ron Gula will be speaking at the Hacker Halted conference in Miami on September 23, 2009
- Paul Asadoorian and others from Tenable Network Security will be attending Cyber Dawn Cyber Exercise on October 3-4, 2009
- Paul Asadoorian will be speaking at the Louisville Infosec conference on web application security on October 7, 2009