Tenable Network Security Podcast - Episode 3
Welcome to the Tenable Network Security Podcast - Episode 3
- New whitepaper on web application testing is being released next week.
- Correction on The Tenable appliance it does support Security Center, with future support for PVS and LCE Hardware appliance has been announced as well
- As always be sure to check out our blog at http://blog.tenablesecurity.com
Interview: Brian Martin: The Dos and Don'ts of Web Application Testing
- What makes web application testing so challenging?
- What are some common mistakes that people make when trying to test a web application?
- If you are an organization with over 50 different web applications, how should you approach testing for and remediating vulnerabilities?
- Which web application vulnerabilities are the most elusive and why?
- What are some of the real dangers with vulnerabilities like XSS and CSRF and why do you think people don't pay too much attention to them?
- If you are to tackle doing an security assessment on a web application, where is the best place to start and what tools/resources do your recommend?
- RBS WordPay hacked, full database access
- Microsoft warns of SMB vulnerability in Windows Server 2008 and Vista
- Microsoft Windows SMB2 '_Smb2ValidateProviderCallback()' Vulnerability (uncredentialed check)
- Wordpress Worm Being Used to Profit
- Ron Gula will be speaking at the Hacker Halted conference in Miami on September 23, 2009
- Paul Asadoorian and others from Tenable Network Security will be attending Cyber Dawn Cyber Exercise on October 3-4, 2009
- Paul Asadoorian will be speaking at the Louisville Infosec conference on web application security on October 7, 2009