SecurityCenter 4.4 Expands USM Capabilities
SecurityCenter version 4.4 is available today from Tenable Network Security. Customers can download the updated release from the Tenable Support Portal. You can view a video tutorial of the new features on the Tenable YouTube channel, or watch it below:
SecurityCenter is the central component of Tenable’s USM platform. It provides robust enterprise security monitoring by uniquely combining active and passive vulnerability assessments with log and event monitoring to create intelligent and actionable reports. SecurityCenter users also benefit from real-time and flexible dashboards for both security monitoring and maintaining compliance.
SecurityCenter version 4.4 includes dramatic performance gains, improved integration with other management systems, reporting and user interface enhancements, and many other new features. A detailed list is available on the Tenable website. Some of the highlights include:
- Dramatically improved performance, with a new XML-RPC-based interface that speeds cross-system connections, and adds fault-tolerance and improved reliability.
- Easy report template and information sharing. New reports, designed by Tenable experts, can be downloaded from the new Tenable SecurityCenter Enterprise Reporting blog, imported into SecurityCenter, and used immediately, customized, or exported to share with others.
- Easy access to over 100 pre-defined Quick Reports, including SANS Consensus Audit Guidelines, Center for Internet Security Audits, FISMA compliance indicators, HIPAA compliance checks, OWASP, PCI, and other IT and patch audit reports.
- Simplified analysis and assessment through new data visualization displays that use charts and color-coding to indicate the number and severity of vulnerabilities based on IP addresses, host names, and asset groups.
- Broader views of vulnerability and risk status through new integration with Tenable’s cloud-based Nessus Perimeter Service. Scan results from the service – recently approved as a PCI ASV – can now be reported alongside data from all other scans of an organization’s internal network.
- Improved integration with GRC, SIEM, IDS, firewall analysis, and other systems that support Nessus reporting. SecurityCenter now exports scan data in the Nessus v2 format, simplifying sharing and increasing the granularity of shared vulnerability and configuration data.
- Easier web application security assessments with enhanced support for identifying virtual hosts by URL, rather than just IP address.
- Easier policy creation and result analysis with support for scanning by DNS host name.
- Improved authentication capabilities, with support for the use of digital certificates with SecurityCenter, and support for smartcard authentication (including U.S. Department of Defense’s Common Access Card (CAC)).
It is recommended that all existing SecurityCenter customers read the release notes on the Tenable Support Portal to learn how they can upgrade. If you are interested in contacting Tenable's sales team to learn more about SecurityCenter, please email us at email@example.com.